The myths of scarcity or saturation are the two that seem to plaque many people starting off a new business. In the years I have worked as a marketing consultant I have never (not in one single case) seen a legitimate claim to scarcity or market saturation…
In those instances where the business was actually experiencing a scarcity of customers it could always be traced back to a problem in the marketing methodology. Once this problem was overcome, an abundance of customers began to flow.
In the case of market saturation, the cure is simple… it is solved by expressing your uniqueness in the marketplace. Each customer wants their own special way to do business, the product being purchased may be exactly the same interest rate and features as the one next door but if you provide that unique aspect the person will purchase from you.
In every single instance the temporary challenge of scarcity and saturation was solved with a little creative thinking and a shift in mindset of the person thinking the limited thought.
Life offers each of us an abundance of everything… this statement is without exception. You simply need to accept this at an emotional level and it will manifest in your business at a logical level.
Let’s dispel another myth while we are on the subject…
Competition is a thing of the past, it does not exist anywhere, except in sports and our over-inflated egos. Business has no room for competition in the global economy, marketing practices and distribution methods have evolved to the point where each product in the marketplace can fulfil its own unique niche marketplace.
Other points to consider about Competition, Scarcity and Saturation…
* The Natural Law of Attraction (similar vibratory patterns attract) state that you will attract that which is most like you. This means that if you think the competition is tough, you will create more competition. If you think all deals are difficult to have approved you will attract the deals that are difficult to approve.
* The natural law of abundance states that you will always have more than enough business at your door if you are “in flow”. In the real world, economists would say ‘The ever increasing size of the marketplace (demand) guarantees you a consistent growth of your sales (supply) over the long term.
* Educated Consumers want more and more specific product to solve their more and more specific problems. This is why there are so many varieties on one product. (ie When the first cars were produced you only had one choice of colour, now you have not only many choices of colour outside, but choices in seats, interior steering wheels and whatever else.
* Most of the millionaires that have been created in the past 10 years have done so not through creating new products but by distributing existing products better. Our product is not new, we simply distribute it in a different way than others.
* The law of attraction coupled with the law of growth states that if you focus on competition you get more (growing) competition. The opposite works as well, if you believe in an abundance of leads, this shall be your experience.
* If you focus on uniqueness you will attract those that are attracted to your uniqueness and selling to them will be a delightful experience.
Live with passion,
At some time or other, I bet we have all seen a brilliant actor ‘die’ in an inferior production.
Because of this, every great performer will acknowledge that they are only as good as the material they have to deliver. Although a great script does not guarantee a great performance, a bad one ensures that nobody, including the poor audience, has a hope!
Scripting and planning sales contacts is no different.
Consider how crucial that first impression can be, and how often your message will be presented. There are so many opportunities to create a bad impression, so there is no justification for equiping troops with inferior weapons.
Professionally scripted sales tools are not a straight jacket for you or your team, but can provide a framework of concepts which professional sales performers find exhilarating and liberating to adapt to their individual requirements and personalities.
The true value of a script is not in following it word for word, but by providing a point of focus, a plan of action that’s clear, where objections can be dealt with professionally and fast.
By working from a preset agenda, you and your sales team can quickly determine whether the prospect is qualified or not, and quickly move on to discovering the clients’ needs.
This is so important when it comes to Sales Presentation. You will notice that everything we do we have developed scripts which will guide you rather than dictate you. Follow the scripts until you can present it easily without support then introduce your own unique personality. The scripts have been tried and tested and they work. Come back to the scripts if you are having challenges getting the desired responses.
Live with passion,
Have a thorough read through the following headlines. These are responsible for many millions of dollars in sales over the past 50 years. Feel free to utilise either the concepts or copy in each of them, you may adapt it to your needs, or simply combine the various statements.
• The Secret of Making People Like You…
• A little mistake that cost a farmer $3000 a year.
• Advice to wives whose husbands don’t save money – by a wife.
• The child who won the hearts of all
• Are you ever tongue-tied at a party?
• How a new discovery made a plain girl beautiful
• How to win friends and influence people
• The last 2 hours are the longest – and the 2 hours you save
• Who else wants a screen star figure?
• Do you make these mistakes in English?
• Why some foods “explode” in your stomach?
• Hands that look lovelier in 24 hours – or your money back
• You can laugh at money worries – if you follow this simple plan
• Why some people almost always make money in the stock market
• When doctors ”Feel Rotten” this is what they do
• It seems incredible that you can offer these signed original etchings – for only $5 each
• Five familiar skin troubles – which do you want to overcome?
• Which of these $2.50 to $5.00 best sellers do you want – for only $1 each
• Who ever heard of a women losing weight – and enjoying 3 delicious meals at the same time?
• How I improved my memory in one evening
• Do you make these mistakes in business.
• Discover the fortune that lies hidden in your salary
• Doctors prove 2 out of 3 women can have more beautiful skin in 14 days
• How I made a fortune with a “fool idea”
• How often do you hear yourself saying: “No, I haven’t read it: I’ve been meaning to!”
• Thousands have this priceless gift – but never discover it!
• Whose fault when children disobey?
• Five Familiar Skin Troubles – Which do you want to overcome?
• How a “fool stunt” made me a star salesman
• Have you these symptoms of nerve exhaustion?
• Guaranteed to go through ice, mud, or snow – or we pay the tow!
• Are you losing sleep over that “worry” stock
• How a new kind of clay improved my complexion in 30 minutes
• 161 new ways to a man’s heart – in this fascinating book for cooks
• Profits that lie hidden in your farm
• If I’m killed accidentally, who will provide for my family
• Everywhere women are raving about this amazing new shampoo!
• Do you do any of these ten embarrassing things?
• Six types of investors – which group are you in?
• How to take out stains… Use (product name) and follow these easy directions
• Today… Add $10,000 to your estate – for the price of a new hat
• Does your child ever embarrass you?
• Is your home picture-poor?
• How to give your children extra iron – these 3 delicious ways
• To people who want to write – But can’t get started
• This almost magical lamp lights highway turns before you make them.
• The crimes we commit against our stomachs
• The man with the “Grasshopper Mind”
• They laughed when I sat down at the piano – But when I started to play!
• Throw away your oars!
• How to do wonders with a little land!
• Who else wants lighter cake – in half the mixing time?
• Little leaks that keep men poor
• Pierced by 301 nails… Retains full air pressure
• No more back breaking garden chores for me – Yet ours is now the show place of the neighbourhood!
• Often a bridesmaid, never a bride
• How much is “Worker Tension” costing your company?
• To men who want to quit work someday
• How to plan your house to suit yourself.
• Buy no desk – until you’ve seen this sensation of the business show
• Call back these great moments at the opera
• “I lost my bulges… and saved money too”
• Why (brand name) bulbs give more light this year
• Right and wrong farming methods – and little pointers that will increase your profits
• New cake improver gets you compliments galore!
• Imagine me… Holding an audience spellbound for 30 minutes
• This is Marie Antoinette – Riding to her death
• Did you ever see a “Telegram” from your heart?
• Now any auto repair job can be “duck soup” for you
• New Shampoo leaves your hair smoother – easier to manage
• It’s a shame for you not make good money – When these men do it so easily
• You never saw such letters as Harry and I got about our pears
• Thousands now play who never thought they could
• Great new discovery kills kitchen odours quick! Makes indoor air “Country Fresh”
• Make this 1 minute test – of an amazing new kind of shaving cream.
• Announcing… The new edition of the encyclopedia that makes it fun to learn things
• Again she orders… “A Chicken Salad, Please”
• For the woman who is older than she looks
• Where you can go in a good used car
• Check the kind of body you want
• “You kill that store – or I’ll run you out of the state!”
• Here’s a quick way to break up a cold
• There’s another women waiting for every man – and she’s too smart to have “Morning Mouth”
• This pen “Burps” before it drinks – but never afterwards!
• If you were given $200,000 to spend – isn’t this the kind of (Type of Product, but not brand) you would build?
• “Last Friday… was I scared! – My Boss almost fired me!”
• 76 reasons why it would have paid you to answer our ad a few months ago
• Suppose this happened on your wedding day!
• Don’t let Athlete’s foot “Lay you up”
• Are they being promoted right over you head?
• Are we a nation of low-brows?
• A wonderful two year’ trip at full pay – but only men with imagination can take it
• What everybody ought to know… About this stock and bond business
• Money saving bargains from America’s oldest diamond discount house
• Former barber earns $8000 in 4 months as a real estate specialist
• Free Book – Tells you 12 secrets of better lawn care
• Greatest goldmine of easy “Things to make” ever crammed into one big book
• $80,000 in prizes! Help us find the name for these new kitchens
• Now! Own Gold Coast land this easy way… $100 down and $100 a month
• Take any 3 of these kitchen appliances – for only $8.95 (values up to $15.45)
• Save 20c on 2 cans of cranberry sauce – Limited Offer
• One place setting free for every three you buy!
I am actually not sure where I got these from or who compiled them but rest assured I have used many of these in my ads over the years and they work a treat.
Live with passion,